We study cooperative optimal Ramsey equilibria in the open economy addressing classic policy questions: Should restrictions be placed to free trade and capital mobility? Should capital income be taxed? Should goods be taxed based on origin or destination? What are desirable border adjustments? How can a Ramsey allocation be implemented with residence-based taxes on assets? We characterize optimal wedges and analyze alternative policy implementations.
- Alvarez and Atekson: The Risk of Becoming Risk Averse: A Model of Asset Pricing and Trade Volumes
- Chari: The Role of Uncertainty and Risk in Climate Change Economics
- Ayres, Garcia, Guillen, Kehoe: The Monetary and Fiscal History of Brazil, 1960-2016
- Hur, Kondo, Perri: Real Interest Rates, Inflation, and Default
- Bianchi and Mondragon: Monetary Independence and Rollover Crises
Subscribe to receive email alerts when economists from the Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis publish new Staff Reports, Working Papers or Economic Policy Papers. Occasionally other important news will be shared.