We study cooperative optimal Ramsey equilibria in the open economy addressing classic policy questions: Should restrictions be placed to free trade and capital mobility? Should capital income be taxed? Should goods be taxed based on origin or destination? What are desirable border adjustments? How can a Ramsey allocation be implemented with residence-based taxes on assets? We characterize optimal wedges and analyze alternative policy implementations.
- Staff Report 571: Optimal Capital Taxation Revisited
- Bengui and Bianchi: Macroprudential Policy with Leakages
- Ai and Bhandari: Asset Pricing with Endogenously Uninsurable Tail Risk
- Cai and Heathcote: College Tuition and Income Inequality
- Benjamin and Wright: Deconstructing Delays in Sovereign Debt Restructuring
Subscribe to receive email alerts when economists from the Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis publish new Staff Reports, Working Papers or Economic Policy Papers. Occasionally other important news will be shared.