We study cooperative optimal Ramsey equilibria in the open economy addressing classic policy questions: Should restrictions be placed to free trade and capital mobility? Should capital income be taxed? Should goods be taxed based on origin or destination? What are desirable border adjustments? How can a Ramsey allocation be implemented with residence-based taxes on assets? We characterize optimal wedges and analyze alternative policy implementations.
- Bianchi and Mondragon: Monetary Independence and Rollover Crises
- Akteson, Burstein and Chatzikonstantinou: Transitional Dynamics in Aggregate Models in Innovative Investment
- Fogli and Veldkamp: Germs, Social Networks, and Growth
- Staff Report 571: Optimal Capital Taxation Revisited
- Bengui and Bianchi: Macroprudential Policy with Leakages
Subscribe to receive email alerts when economists from the Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis publish new Staff Reports, Working Papers or Economic Policy Papers. Occasionally other important news will be shared.