We study cooperative optimal Ramsey equilibria in the open economy addressing classic policy questions: Should restrictions be placed to free trade and capital mobility? Should capital income be taxed? Should goods be taxed based on origin or destination? What are desirable border adjustments? How can a Ramsey allocation be implemented with residence-based taxes on assets? We characterize optimal wedges and analyze alternative policy implementations.
- Schlegl, Trebesch, Wright: The Seniority Structure of Sovereign Debt
- Chodorow-Reich, Karabarbounis, Kekre: The Macroeconomics of the Greek Depression
- Ayres, Hevia, Nicolini: Real Exchange Rates and Primary Commodity Prices
- Conesa, Kehoe, Nygaard, Raveendranathan: Implications of Increasing College Attainment for Aging in General Equilibrium
- Nicolini: Karl Brunner’s Contributions to the Theory of the Money Supply
Subscribe to receive email alerts when economists from the Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis publish new Staff Reports, Working Papers or Economic Policy Papers. Occasionally other important news will be shared.